Allen & Allen Presents the 2013 George E. Allen Scholarship Winners
Friday, May 17, 2013
The 22nd Annual George E. Allen Scholarship Recognizes Virginia High School Students Overcoming Adversity
The Virginia personal injury law firm of Allen & Allen awarded the George E. Allen Scholarship to fifteen deserving high school seniors on May 14, 2013 at an awards dinner at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. The law firm's Scholarship Program, now in its 22nd year, recognizes students who have overcome unusual obstacles or special challenges, while achieving high standards of community service and academic performance.
- Joshua Bagshaw, Hopewell High School - Plans to attend Barton College
- Brandon Buncher, Mills E. Godwin High School - Plans to attend The College of William & Mary
- Alexander Curnow, Eastern View High School - Plans to attend community college in Florida
- Meghan Davis, Buffalo Gap High School - Plans to attend Blue Ridge Community College
- Lauren Field, William Monroe High School - Plans to attend George Mason University
- Cullen Johnson, Middlesex High School - Plans to attend University of Virginia
- Mason Latimer, Chancellor High School - Plans to attend University of Mary Washington
- Miles Little, Jamestown High School - Plans to attend Virginia Tech
- Kara McGaughey, Maggie L. Walker Governor's School - Plans to attend Duke University
- Maria Murillo, Washington & Lee High School - Plans to attend Lynchburg College
- Rachel Musik, Middlesex High School - Plans to attend George Mason University
- Vi Nguyentran, Hermitage High School - Plans to attend Virginia Tech
- Cole Sydnor, Atlee High School - Plans to attend University of Richmond
- Rachel Thinnes, Lee Davis High School - Plans to attend James Madison University
- Morgan Warren, Midlothian High School - Plans to attend Longwood University
"In the face of great challenge, these amazing students have proven that with perseverance, one can achieve great things," said Trent Kerns, President of Allen & Allen. "It is an honor to be a part of helping such deserving young adults accomplish their dreams."
Celebrating 22 years of helping students achieve their continuing education dreams, the George E. Allen Scholarship was created to honor the firm's founder, George E. Allen, Sr., who overcame significant hardship to put himself through college and law school. He went on to become the Mayor of Victoria, a Virginia Senator and one of the Commonwealth's top trial attorneys. He established one of the premier personal injury law firms in the state with his three sons. For more information about this and how to apply next year, visit http://www.allenandallen.com/scholarships.
Pictured in Photograph:
Back Row: Maria Murillo, Joshua Bagshaw, Morgan Warren, Miles Little, Kara McGaughey, Cullen Johnson, Brandon Buncher, Vi Nguyentran
Front Row: Cole Sydnor, Meghan Davis, Rachel Musick, Rachel Thinnes, Mason Latimer